The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) applies to personal data. Within our Academy we process data on pupils, parents, staff and academy Councillors. We follow the six data protection principles that require that personal data shall be:
- Processed fairly, lawfully and transparently.
- Obtained only for one or more specified and lawful purposes and shall not be further processed in any manner incompatible with that purpose(s).
- Adequate, relevant and not excessive in relation to the purpose(s) for which it is processed.
- Accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date.
- Not kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose(s).
- Kept secure, i.e. protected by an appropriate degree of security.
The following are policies, procedures and other documents linked to data protection:
The purpose of our cookies is to make the website function correctly, to personalise the website to your preferences, and to collect information about your visit which will help us improve the website in the future. We never collect information that could identify you, or pass information to any third parties.
Cookies used on our website
|Google Analytics||_ga||Required for the Google Analytics module to track the site.|
|Google Analytics||_gat||Required for the Google Analytics module to create tracking packages.|
|WordPress||wordpress_test_cookie||Required for user tracking.|
|YouTube||VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE||Required to allow YouTube embedded videos to run correctly.|
|YouTube||PREF||Required to allow YouTube embedded videos to run correctly.|
|YouTube||CONSENT||Required to allow YouTube embedded videos to run correctly.|
|YouTube||YSC||Required to allow YouTube embedded videos to run correctly.|
|WordPress||wp-settings||Required for logged in users.|
|WordPress||wp-settings-time||Required for logged in users.|
Most web browsers allow some control of cookies through the browser settings. Below are guidelines for managing your cookies in the most popular browsers:
Open Internet Explorer, click the Tools button, select Safety then click Delete browsing history, select the Cookies checkbox and then click Delete.
Open Firefox, click the Firefox button (top left) then Options, select the Privacy tab then select “remove individual cookies”.
Open Google Chrome, click the Spanner image in the top right corner, select Settings, then click “show advanced settings”. In the Privacy section click the Content Settings button, in the Cookies section click the “All cookies and site data” button, then click the Remove all button at the top of the list.
Open Safari, select the Options icon (top right corner ‘spanner image’), then select Preferences, click the Privacy tab, select the Details button and then click Remove all.
To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit allaboutcookies.org.
Child Protection Policy
The School operates the following policy on its website regarding the use of photographs, to ensure the privacy and safety of pupils at the school:
- Where pupils are named, only their first names are given;
- Where a pupil is named, no photograph of that pupil is displayed;
- Where a photograph is used which shows a pupil, no name is displayed.
By observing these points, the school ensures that visitors to the website cannot link images of pupils to names of pupils.
The school follows a policy of seeking parents’ permission before using images which show pupils on the website.
No other private information about pupils is ever published on the website such as surnames or contact details.
We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
(1) What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
- Information about your visits to and use of this website, including the use of third party platforms such as Google Analytics & WordPress Stats;
- Information about any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website;
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us, and/or leaving guestbook comments, and/or subscribing to our website services and/or email notifications.
(2) Information about website visits
We may collect information about your computer and your visits to this website such as your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views. We may use this information in the administration of this website, to improve the website’s usability, and for marketing purposes.
We may send a cookie which may be stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive. We may use the information we obtain from the cookie in the administration of this website, to improve the website’s usability and for marketing purposes. We may also use that information to recognise your computer when you visit our website, and to personalise our website for you.
(3) Using your personal data
- Improve your browsing experience by personalising the website;
- Provide other organisations with statistical information about our users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user.
We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
(4) Other disclosures
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
(5) Security of your personal data
We will take reasonable precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
(6) Policy amendments
(7) Third party websites
The website contains links to other websites as well as integrations of Third Party widgets. We are not responsible for the privacy policies of third party websites.
(8) Our contact details
Email – [email protected]
Address – Dudley Avenue, Thurnby Lodge, Leicester, LE5 2EG
This disclaimer governs your use of our website; by using our website, you accept this disclaimer in full. If you disagree with any part of this disclaimer, do not use our website.
(2) Intellectual property rights
Unless otherwise stated, we or our licensors own the intellectual property rights in the website and material on the website. Subject to the licence below, all our intellectual property rights are reserved.
(3) Licence to use website
You may view, download for caching purposes only, and print pages from the website, provided that:
- You must not republish material from this website (including republication on another website), or reproduce or store material from this website in any public or private electronic retrieval system;
- You must not reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell, visit, or otherwise exploit our website or material on our website for a commercial purpose, without our express written consent.
(4) Limitations of liability
The information on this website is provided free-of-charge, and you acknowledge that it would be unreasonable to hold us liable in respect of this website and the information on this website.
Whilst we endeavour to ensure that the information on this website is correct, we do not warrant its completeness or accuracy; nor do we not commit to ensuring that the website remains available or that the material on this website is kept up-to-date.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law we exclude all representations, warranties and conditions (including, without limitation, the conditions implied by law of satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and the use of reasonable care and skill).
Our liability is limited and excluded to the maximum extent permitted under applicable law. We will not be liable for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage arising under this disclaimer or in connection with our website, whether arising in tort, contract, or otherwise – including, without limitation, any loss of profit, contracts, business, goodwill, reputation, data, income, revenue or anticipated savings.
However, nothing in this disclaimer shall exclude or limit our liability for fraud, for death or personal injury caused by our negligence, or for any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
We may revise this disclaimer from time-to-time. Please check this page regularly to ensure you are familiar with the current version.
(6) Entire agreement
This disclaimer constitutes the entire agreement between you and us in relation to your use of our website, and supersedes all previous agreements in respect of your use of this website.
(7) Law and jurisdiction
This notice will be governed by and construed in accordance with English law, and any disputes relating to this notice shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
(8) Our contact details
Please see above for our contact details.
This disclaimer is based on a freely-available template created and distributed by website-law.co.uk.